Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Life Sentence

This is a blog post that I have been putting off for several days. I am afraid that people will take what I am about to write about as bragging or that I think I have it all figured out. I hope that you believe me that I have prayed about what to write and that it be read and accepted in the spirit that it is intended. Only God can make you see things the way I see them now.

I have heard multiple times from friends, co-workers, family, doctors and nurses about what a great positive attitude that I have. I think that it is the same attitude I have had my whole life. One co-worker told me that she is glad to see that cancer has not changed my attitude like she had seen it change other people she knew with cancer. I told her that I thought there was enough negative in the world without me adding to it.

The one thing that has helped me the most is that I do not see cancer as being a death sentence. I see cancer as being a life sentence. I firmly believe that God's will is for me to be completely healed from cancer and that it will never return. When that happens, I will live each day thankful for that day, loving my family and enjoying the days with them, and I will worship Jesus.

I know that there are some people that will ask, "What if God's will is for you not to be healed?" If the time should come that cancer takes my earthly body, then I know that because of my belief in Jesus Christ, when I take my last breath on earth, I will take my first breath in heaven. I will have two good lungs and there will be no more pain. I will see family and friends that have gone before me, and I will worship Jesus.

Either way, I still live!

3 comments:

  1. Chris,
    That is not bragging it is just beautiful :) My prayers are always with you and your family !! Wish we our families could have lived closer together, we always loved your visits to Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, Thank you for your words of encouragement. I strongly believe God is honored by your attitude of thanksgiving and praise no matter your situation. Paul said, "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain". We, as believers in Jesus Christ, are in a win-win situation. ... All praises to the King of kings who gives you the strength to endure each day. Amen! Love you brother...

    ReplyDelete