Thursday, July 14, 2016

Do Not Worry

"You worry too much."  How many times have I heard that from Chris and my boys over the years? 

Last night while Shane and I were chatting, he mentioned that he is starting a new leather project--this time for himself.  But he was having trouble coming up with a design idea.  Later, when I went upstairs to tell him goodnight, he was working on the design.  In the bottom corner, he had drawn a fancy "6 25" in the corner, with room for two more numbers.  "34?" I asked. 

"No, 16."  In memory of his dad, he was including in the design the date of his dad's death.

He then asked me the obvious question:  "What made you think it would be the number 34?"

Matthew 6:25-34 was Chris' all-time favorite scripture; he asked that it be read at his funeral.  It begins, "Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?"

It didn't dawn on me until this morning that it was no coincidence that Chris passed on 6/25.  Even through his death, he is still reminding me, "Do not worry.  God is in control."
                                   
                                                     ~ DeLayne

No comments:

Post a Comment