Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pepper

There is no sense pretending that Wednesday, August 25th was not the lowest point of this battle thus far.  It was that afternoon that we found out that I have Stage IV lung cancer.  That pretty much took the wind right out of my sails.  I spent that evening calling family and letting them know what we had learned and that I was scheduled for yet another round of biopsies Friday morning.  I went to bed that evening praying for just a little good news.

Thursday morning brought a new day with new challenges.  DeLayne wanted to attend a class at MDA and left a little before 10:00 leaving me alone in the hotel.  Honestly, at that point, I just wanted to curl up on the couch and cry but something made me get up and get out my camera and start yet another project I have been planning.  While preparing my camera, I kept asking God for something, anything that would make me chuckle.

Across the street from our hotel is a small park with fountains.  I made my way over there to see if there was anything to photograph.  I had taken just a couple of photos when I noticed a guy walking his dog by one of the fountains.  We said good morning to each other as we passed.  When I got to the end of the fountain, I turned around and saw his dog running into the water.  This fountain has spouts that shoot the water straight up.  I watched as this dog started trying to catch the water.  The next thing I knew, I was laughing at what I was watching as it ran from spout to spout.  I thought I needed  some photos of this and went back to ask the owner if it would be okay to photograph his dog.  He said no problem and introduced me to Pepper.

Pepper is a rescue dog and is oddly afraid of the water.  I guess that means lakes and swimming pools because she was having a lot of fun and kept going back for more.  Pepper may have been a rescue dog but today she was a four legged angel.  I spent the next several minutes photographing and watching Pepper just be a dog. 

After they left I took a few more pictures around the park before getting a call that I had an appointment to get back in the battle.  But this time with a much better attitude.  I realized that today I had asked God for a chuckle and  He gave me Pepper.


Thanks again for all of the prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Chris,
    Thank you so much for posting this.
    I'm going straight to your pictures....
    Praying for you all.
    Peace and blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete